Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Luke is potty trained!!!

And he did it himself!! Seriously. I had nothing to do with it. Day before yesterday, he woke up and said, "I wanna go pee pee in the potty." So off we went. I had been telling him that when he used the potty all the time, he could wear his new Cars underwear. So, he picked out the ones he wanted to wear. For the rest of the day, he took himself to the potty. EVERYTIME!!! He even pooped in the potty with no problems. I am just beside myself. Yay for Lukey!!!!!

On another note, things are still pretty much the same around here. Stephen is still working at Target and is finishing up school. He goes to Wilderness Trek in Colorado next week. He will be gone Saturday to Saturday. I am NOT looking forward to it, but I know it will be a HUGE blessing for him. I just hate being at home by myself. I am a chicken. I think we may go stay with my mom for part of the week. She works full time, but she would be there to help at night with the kids, so that is probably our plan.

We are going to visit with some friends that we don't get to see much anymore. Well, we go to church together, but since all of them are in school and two of mine are, we just don't get to spend much time together. I am SOOO looking forward to it. Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

WTG, Luke!! And I totally know where you are coming from with the fear of being without daddy for a week. It's terrible to be without them. Makes me really respect single moms!

Stephen Shirley said...

Day Four and only one accident!!!

Join in if you know the tune:
"We're...so...proud of you! Singing we're so proud of you!"