Sunday, December 02, 2007

Blessed

I have been reminded again of how incredibly blessed my life is. Not from a financial standpoint, although I need nothing. I just have so many blessings that I can't even begin to list them all. I was thinking today about Christmas and how we aren't going to be able to provide everything our kids want. But then as I was putting all of our sheets back on our beds, I thought of all the children in the world who don't have beds. I thought of all the children who don't have toys as I was moving the kids toys off their beds to put their sheets back on. I started thinking about having food in my kitchen anytime I want something to eat. I have amazing friends, some of whom I have only met through this blog and others, who I count among my greatest blessings. I have an unbelievable family, on my side and Stephen's. My FOUR kids are all healthy, happy and beautiful. I could go on and on.

The reason for this post is not to brag about how great my life is. Lately, I have found myself in a very negative place about where we are in our life, and I have just been reminded that I have absolutely NO reason to complain. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams and I couldn't be more grateful.

Please pray for the Luce family tonight, as they welcomed their precious baby girl, Poppy Joy, into the world yesterday, three hours before she went to be with Jesus. Their website is www.poppyjoy.blogspot.com. Also, another famliy with the same situation (Trisomy 18) is welcoming their baby boy, Tristan, tomorrow morning. Please pray for them as well.

1 comment:

Amy Anderson Westerman said...

Funny how God is trying to show us the same thing this holiday season! :)
We are blessed.