Thursday, January 11, 2007

A whole new world...

Well, today starts a new journey for me. I have come to realize that for the last almost 30 years, I haven't really known what it means to have a relationship with God. I feel like I have done pretty good at being a Christian. I go to church every time the doors are open, I am in a Bible study, I have led Bible studies, I am a class leader, blah blah blah. I am not saying those things are bad, but as Beth Moore says, I am in captivity to activity. I have been so busy serving God that I have missed Him!

So, my new quest is, "God, I want to fall in love with you! I want to learn what it means to be in relationship with you. I know that once I learn what it truly means to love you, the obedience will come naturally and it won't feel like something I have to do because I am a Christian, but it will be something I want to do because I love you so much that I can't help but obey!"

I actually can't believe I am posting all of this on my blog, but, well, I am. I have a prayer journal, but that stuff is between God and me. I really want to be able to keep track of this journey so that I can remember what I feel right now and not forget what it felt like to really fall in love with God for the first time. Please pray for me as I begin this journey. Have a truly blessed, Spirit-filled day!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

You couldn't have said what is going on in my head more if you had actually been in my head. This has been my struggle for awhile now...probably about 2 1/2 years. I am struggling all the time...if you feel like it's something we could do, I would like to do a Bible Study during the day? Do you think that is something we could do and get somewhere with just us??? I think maybe Lea might like it? I don't know, I just know I am desparately seeking...and now, I am praying for you too...