Thursday, July 27, 2006

It finally rained

They have been saying that there was a 40% chance of rain all week, but it has been sunny everyday. Well, today it happened. We were in a beach shop when the downpour hit. I can't complain. I have gotten too much sun; I think I have sun poisoning. Very itchy. Anyway, if the sun comes back out, you will still find me by the pool. I'm crazy, I know, but I only have one more day here so I plan on soaking it up.

Today we went to the Anna Maria Island Pier. It is 94 years old. Pretty cool. We walked to the end of it and there was a restaurant and a deck where you could look out on the water. The coolest thing was watching two dolphins come up out of the water. They never swam up to the deck while we were there, but this lady said that they had been coming right up to the deck. It was still cool to watch them in their natural habitat.

We couldn't have had a better vacation. The kids have been great, Luke has been great, we have gotten some quality time as a family. Thanks to the Daniels for sharing their beautiful condo with us. We couldn't have done it otherwise. We owe them! We head out bright and early in the morning. Actually, it won't be bright at 4:30 a.m. but it will be early. Pray that we have a safe trip. Look for pictures. We haven't taken as much as I would have liked, but I think we got a few good ones. Hope to see everyone soon!

1 comment:

DANNY PROCTOR said...

Hey, kids!
Glad it's been a good trip for you. Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures and your sunburned faces.
Be careful and wear your seat belts :)

Love you,
Granddaddy