Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Milestones



Luke turned one on Saturday. I can't believe it. This year has gone by so fast. He has been the best baby and Jordan and Claire have been so great with him. LUke is just so happy and brings so much joy to everyone he meets. I can't imagine my life without him.

We spent the weekend with my grandparents. Stephen went to Memphis for a soccer tournament so I took the kids to Joelton. They still live in the house that my dad grew up in. I lived next door to them from the time I was two until I was a senior in high school. I love to go out there. I have a picture of their front porch in my living room. It is a long porch and has a swing on each end. You can just sit there all day and relax. It is my favorite place on earth. I am so glad that my kids are getting to enjoy it as much as the rest of us have.

I think it is no neat that my kids know and have great relationships with our grandparents. A lot of people our age don't have their grandparents anymore, and I feel so blessed to still have them around. My maternal grandmother, my paternal grandparents, Stephen's maternal grandfather, his paternal grandparents are all still alive and doing very well. I love that my kids know them and love them so much. Family is so important to Stephen and me and I hope that we instill that in our children as well.

1 comment:

DANNY PROCTOR said...

I'm so thrilled that my children and grandchildren are excited to spend time with my parents. What a great weekend we just had, celebrating Luke's birthday and Father's Day.
How blessed we are.