Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bragging rights

I just wanted to take a minute to brag on my kiddos. It is raining here, like it has been for two days now, and I desperately needed to go to the grocery store. I had put it off as long as I could. I was going to go before Jordan and Claire got out of school, so I would just have the younger two, but Luke fell asleep on the way there. O well. So I went after I picked them up. I was dreading it since it was raining. Taking 4 kids to the store by yourself is hard enough without it raining. But they were soooo good. I told them before we went in not to ask for anything. And I really wanted to get them a treat for being so good, but I had been talking the whole time about not spending extra money and buying the cheaper items. So I didn't. Anyway, then when we got home, they helped me put all the groceries away and they actually enjoyed it! I guess I have great kids after all!! I love being a mom.

3 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hey Girl,

Treat all four of those sweeties with a big hug and kiss and a thank you from mom. That was such a sweet surprise for you. Kids can melt your heart to puddles. They are great and you are a great mom.

Laurie in Ca.

Tamara said...

How awesome is that! One of our "treats" is to get to spend 15 minutes of alone time with mom or dad. I am so excited about your kids! They rock!

Mary Alice said...

They are great kids, in part, because they have great parents. Great parents who love and sacrifice for them - what better role models could they have?

Love you, friend!