Monday, October 01, 2007

I did it!

Ever since I can remember, I have wanted to be a "fun" person. I hate taking risks; I am not adventurous at all. I am a sit around and just hang out kind of person. I don't know how to play. And I hate that about myself. I am terrible at playing with my kids. I don't get down in the floor and play dolls with Claire. I don't know how to pretend. We watched a lot of TV when I was growing up. And that is what my kids do now. I don't like it, that's just what has become. Anyway, in light of what God has been teaching me the last few weeks about enjoying my kids and this life He has given me, last night I did something that surprised me.

We were at small group and the family that was hosting had rented on of those huge inflatable slides for their son's birthday. Everyone, including all the adults, had gone down the slide. My kids were having a blast, and they really didn't notice that I hadn't done it. Or so I thought. Well, I took off my tennis shoes, and I headed for the slide. I wish you could have seen the look on my kids' faces when they saw me getting in. They were THRILLED!!! I went down with Jordan on one side and Claire on the other. Twice! It was so much fun. I have to admit, it was extremely hard "letting my hair down," but it was worth every minute of it.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

It was awesome to watch the three of you go down the slide! You should share what was said to you after you went down...it sure was sweet ;)