Friday, February 23, 2007

One day at a time

I have decided that I need to take things one day at a time on this new journey. I tend to think about everything I need to do all the time, and I end up doing nothing because I get so overwhelmed. Today's goal is to think positive thoughts. Not just positive thoughts, but obedient thoughts.

2 Cor 10:5 says, "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

What does it look like to take your thoughts captive? I know a lot of times I will think something about someone or something that I know I shouldn't, but I justify it by not saying it out loud. I think it means to take that thought and say, "No, I am not going to think that way. How would Christ want me to think about this situation? What lie is Satan telling me that allows me to think the way I do?" And then turn that thought into obedience. There are so many areas where my thought life isn't obedient to what I believe.

So, today, this is my goal. Not housework, not getting prepared for baby, not all the other things I need to do, but changing my thoughts. Sure, the other things will get done, but my main focus will be on making my mind obedient so that my actions will come naturally and they won't be forced or fake, but that starts a whole other issue. "I can't think about that right now; I'll think about that tomorrow." Scarlett O'Hara

One day at a time.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Awesome post! Thank you for sharing that! I think positive thoughts can make or break a person. YOU GO GIRL!