Thursday, February 22, 2007

The "Proverbs 31 Woman"

I saw this on another blog today and it really spoke to me. I am not sure what version it is from, but I loved this translation.

First thing in the morning, she dresses for work,
rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started. She senses the worth of her work, is in no hurry to call it quits for the day. She's skilled in the crafts of home and hearth, diligent in homemaking. She's quick to assist anyone in need, reaches out to help the poor.
When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say,and she always says it kindly. She keeps an eye on everyone in her household,
and keeps them all busy and productive. Her children respect and bless her; her husband joins in with words of praise: "Many women have done wonderful things, but you've outclassed them all!" Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades.The woman to be admired and praised is
the woman who lives in the Fear-of-GOD.
Proverbs 31: 17-20, 27-30
There are so many things that I feel like I am not doing right now. Satan knows that and he uses every opportunity to make sure I feel like a failure. But when I read this out of Proverbs, I felt hope. Hope that I can do everything I want to do. Hope that this is not all there is, struggling just to get through the day. I have no doubt that God has called me to be at home and take care of my family as my main job. Some days I wonder why He called me to do this, but I am thankful beyond words that He did. He knew that I was the one to be Jordan, Claire, Luke, and Baby's mom. He knew that whatever I have was meant just to raise them, not anyone else. He knew that Stephen and I were perfect for each other. I am just in awe right now. I have had quite the pity party today, well, the last several days actually. And something about this proverb hit me over the head. This is what I should be about. And with God, I don't have to do any of it on my own.

No comments: