Saturday, February 24, 2007

Today's goal

Yesterday's goal of taking my thoughts captive went okay. I didn't do as well as I wanted, but I didn't fail.

Today it has been a little harder to come up with a goal. Saturdays are hard because we are all home and things tend to get messier on Saturdays. Right now I am doing laundry and making mental lists of things to be done once Becky moves out. She is moving to her apartment today. So, there is so much to do between now and when the baby comes that it is easy to get overwhelmed in this house. It is small, three bedrooms, one bathroom, but it suits us well. I have a huge yard that I love. I think the kids feel at home here. So I just want to make it more organized and functional, so that our day to day life doesn't seem so hectic. I envision a "place for everything and everything in its place" home. I know, hard to do with kids. But we were doing pretty well before, so I think we can get back to that once the space opens up more in the playroom. Anyway, blah blah blah.

I have determined while blogging that today's goal, as Luke is screaming in my ear wanting my attention, is to play with the kids and have a family day. We are going to the basketball game this afternoon. Of course, I will do some cleaning, too, but they are still young enough that they love it when I involve them and make a game out of it. "Let's see how fast you can pick up your 'Scooby' people!" So, we'll see how that goes. Enjoy your Saturday!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Awesome goals! I get so frustrated with the house, I understand what you are saying! :) I am working on getting our house organized...sigh...